We are currently recruiting for three new one year learning (acta Foundation) posts, starting in September:-
- A full-time Director’s Assistant
- Two half-time drama workers to join our workplace learning programme (Foundation)
1. The Director’s Assistant post has two distinct areas of work:-
- To assist the delivery of acta’s programme of community theatre workshops and productions, co-leading five regular weekly term-time workshops.
- To work as part of the fundraising team, working with the Artistic Director and Projects Director in the delivery of the Company’s fundraising strategy, providing administrative support and writing applications.
To apply, download DA job pack June 2017, and send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating how you meet each of the criteria on the person specification.
NB We are not able to accept applications which are CV only.
Deadline for receipt of applications for this post is 24 July, and interviews will take place at actacentre on 28 /31 July.
2. The half-time drama workers will be given on-the-job training and one-to-one mentoring, and through the course of the year will be able to learn all about how to lead workshops, create theatre and put on plays with people around the City.We are looking for people with strengths in two key areas:-
- Friendly, kind and caring with the ability to become an excellent facilitator.
- A keen interest in making theatre, and an ambition to develop a career in the sector.
The programme is aimed at people who face barriers to a career in the arts, particularly BAME candidates.
Our aim is to offer opportunities to people who are interested in community theatre, but face barriers to developing a career in the sector. In this second year of the scheme, we are particularly keen to encourage applications from BAME candidates, representative of the diverse cultural backgrounds of our participants.
We are looking for people who have a thirst and a real desire to help people make theatre; who have some skills but are ready to learn; who want to make a career in community theatre after the end of the year.
The posts will both be mentored by acta Associate Director, Ingrid Jones, and will include a learning day with the whole Company, weekly on Wednesdays at the acta centre.
The Drama Workers will be expected to co-lead three regular weekly workshops (term-time only) for adults interested in making theatre. Each group will create an original piece of community theatre, which will be performed locally or at the acta centre. Other intensive projects may be programmed into school holiday periods.
To apply, contact Ingrid Jones or Helen Tomlin at the acta office tel. 953 2448 to let us know that you are interested, or email email@example.com before Friday 30 June. (Interviews will be at the acta centre in week beginning 10 July)