Medart is a European project, funded by Erasmus+, which is aimed at sharing good practice amongst eight European companies who use theatre as a way of engaging socially disadvantaged adults, with the view of increasing personal and social skills and improving their chances of getting employment.
The project was coordinated by Divadlo bez domova, who were partners on acta’s Grey Matters project, (2013-15), and other partners include long-time acta collaborators Teatr Grodzki from Poland:
- Divadlo Bez Domova, Slovakia – working with homeless people in Bratislava
- Teatr Grodzki – theatre with disabled and disadvantaged people in Bielsko-Biala, Poland
- Asociacon Acunagua, Canary Islands, Spain – drama and theatre with young people
- Drustvo ProSoc, Slovenia – theatre for employability with young people
- CSC, Sicily, Italy – youth opportunities and education
- MVKBP, Hungary – theatre with homeless and disadvantaged people
- Hogeschool Rotterdam, Netherlands – university – evaluation of project
Read more about the project on our partners’ websites.