rapport – refugee arts with participants and practitioners open to integration
A two year partnership, Autumn 2019 – 2021, bringing together refugees and migrants with host communities, making and sharing theatre across Europe, supported by EU Creative Europe.
acta is co-ordinating the project, and working with partners:
Teatr Grodzki, Poland (puppetry)
Tantarantana, Catalonia /Spain (community arts & dance)
Historieberattana, Sweden (digital arts & storytelling)
Over the first year, acta will deliver a series of new theatre workshops with an integrated group of refugees, migrants and host communities, working towards an original show to perform in summer 2020. Other partners will develop their own local integrated projects in this first year, and through the year, four week-long partner exchanges will enable partners to share practice and develop ideas for a collaborative project in the second year, Babel (Summer 2021). Babel will perform in each of the four partnership countries in refugee week in June, with all four partners contributing to each of the four versions of the performance.
RAPPORT is a cooperation project aimed at promoting integration between host and refugee communities, using and developing collaborative community arts practice between the four European partners. It will use arts as a tool to challenge preconceptions and negative attitudes towards migrants/refugees, and to celebrate and confirm shared humanity and the positive impact of integration.
The headline and essential elements are:-
- Range of art forms and practice in collaboration;
- Audience development with marginalised communities;
- Integrated refugee/host community workshops and projects throughout;
- Refugees in training as facilitators;
- Artistic exchange to share/learn practice and develop collaboration;
- Performances in all four partner countries;
- The Babel collaborative project to include live and digital content, with performances in each partner country;
- Dissemination of learning to included national seminars, a publication and documentary film.